Traditional Postpartum Practices Training
Traditional Postpartum Practitioner Training Workshops – (1 or 2 Day)
Incorporating traditional wisdom into your business
“In traditional parts of the world, most women begin their recovery from the 5th day after childbirth. In the U.S., women don’t even begin to think about recovery until after their six week post-delivery check-up. There is a huge ’healing window of opportunity’ being missed by American women, which results in a weak and prolonged recovery. Women do not have to and should not wait this long.”
— Valerie Lynn, Author,The Mommy Plan
These intensive workshops present traditional after birth practices and guidelines like never before – using nutritional science, anatomy and medical science. Why have they been around for so long and how do they work? You’ll find out about recovery options and alternatives that you never knew existed.
Traditional holistic healing practices are making a strong comeback. Why? Because the proof is in the effectiveness of the healing. Learn how managing post-maternity diet, activities and personal care before the 6-week medical exam that supports and accelerates the body’s healing process.
- A Modern Interpretation of Traditional After Birth Care.
- How Traditional Practices Aid the Body to Heal After Pregnancy and Childbirth.
- Pregnancy = HOT STATE / Post-Pregnancy = COLD STATE.
- How to help the body to re-balance hormones.
- The Condition of a Mother’s Body after Pregnancy and Childbirth.
- The Healing Window of Opportunity: The First 6-8 Weeks
- Self-Care: What a Mother can do in those first six to eight weeks that can safely accelerate her recovery.
- Post-Pregnancy Preparedness and Precautions:
- Diet DO’S
- Diet DON’TS
- Personal Care
- How Food is used as Medicine and How to Adjust Your Meals.
- The Important Role Dads, Partners and Support People Can Play.
- Business module: identifying your ideal client.
Healing Meals: Simple Recipes for New Moms
Recipes from my up-and-coming cookbook, The Mommy Plan Recipe Book – HEALING MEALS: SIMPLE RECIPES FOR NEW MOMS – based on the dietary guidelines in The Mommy Plan.
(II) Experience Traditional Products and Observe Body Therapies
- Traditional Postnatal Body Therapy & Treatment
- Abdominal heat therapy – assembling and using a fresh-ingredient Thai Herbal Compress
- Yoni Sauna / Vagina Steam
- All-Over BodySpice Rub
- Herbal Firming Paste for the Tummy
- Medical benefits of wearing an abdominal wrap and important precautions.
Who should take this workshop: Doulas, midwives, nurses, lactation consultants, massage therapists, pre and postnatal yoga instructors, expecting mamas and birth professionals who serve expectant mamas in any capacity.